top of page

[Expert Tip] 1 Secret Behind the 'Genuine Temporary Entrant' Requirement

"What do I need to do to prove I'm a genuine temporary entrant?", "How do I write my GTE statement?"

Applying for a student visa? The Genuine Temporary Entrant is an important criterion that you must meet. This stumps many applicants and is a common reason for refusals.


What does the GTE mean? The Department will need to be satisfied that you intend to leave Australia after your studies are complete.

What do you need to do? Although there are many pathways that you can pursue after your studies, you should not express your interest in these pathways in your student visa application.


If you have any questions, please feel free to send us a message here.


bottom of page