[Expert Tip] 3 Ways You Can Get Around the 5.0 IELTS Requirement for 457 Visas

Want to work in Australia but worried that your English isn’t good enough? Typically, to get a work visa, you will need 5.0 – 7.0 in IELTS (or equivalent), but if you are applying for a 457 visa (Employer-Sponsored Temporary Work Visa), there are a few exceptions.

You may be exempt if you are applying for 457 and fulfill any one of the below criteria:

  • Your salary exceeds the English Language Skills Exemption Threshold, currently at $96,400AUD; or

  • You have completed at least 5 years of full-time study in a secondary or higher education institution; or

  • You hold a passport from Canada, NZ, Ireland, UK or USA

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us and have a chat!

#English #requirements #IELTS #457visa

7 views0 comments

Copyright © Skylark Migration Specialists. All Rights Reserved.
320 Plummer St, Port Melbourne VIC 3207

All MARA registered migration agents are bound by the MARA code of conduct

This website ("Website") is owned and operated by SKYLARK MIGRATION SPECIALISTS PTY LTD  ACN 625 196 894 (SKYLARK, we, us, our). Your use of this Website and any material or information in it ("Content") is subject to the terms on this page, the Website Terms and Conditions, and SKYLARK’ Privacy Policy, as amended by SKYLARK from time to time (together, “Terms”). By using or accessing any part of the Website or the Content, you agree to be bound by the Terms in effect at that time, and it is your responsibility regularly to check for any updates to these Terms. The Website and the Content are also subject to change at any time without notice. While we have endeavoured to ensure that the Content, including information in relation to migration policies and regulatory frameworks and other information contained in this Website is correct, it is based on a range of variable factors including information provided by external news platforms. This information may change depending on a number of factors, including but not limited to, changes in governmental policy and legislative requirements. As a result, the Content is subject to change without notice and we recommend that you always seek independent legal and financial advice. SKYLARK also does not provide you with legal, financial or other advice by means of the Website or the Content. We recommend that you (a) independently consult a migration agent; (b) familiarise yourself independently with the process, and the associated legalities; and (c) seek appropriate and independent legal and financial advice.