[Expert Tip] How to Get Your Partner Visa Granted Faster

So you've heard that it can take 2+ years to hear back from Immigration about your partner visa? Unfortunately it's true. Currently, official processing time for most 820/801 onshore partner visas is anywhere between 15 months to 25+ months.

With $7,000 out of pocket, we can definitely see why you'd want to get these applications processed faster! Good news is, many applications do get processed a lot faster, sometimes in less than half the time!

Here are 4 expert tips from our former-Immigration officer on how you can get your partner visa granted faster!

1. Make your application decision-ready

Immigration case officers have targets and KPIs like any other employee. From April to June last year, it was even explicitly stated that case officers will not be prioritising cases by submission dates during that time, but by their decision-readiness (read more about this here) in order to meet annual targets. Give them the incentive to grant your application straight away by giving them everything they need when they pick up your file; win-win situation!

2. Don't inundate them with useless information

Whilst you should give them an abundance of information aimed at proving that your relationship is genuine, drowning them with useless evidence and information will only confuse them. They are also obliged by law to look at all the evidence provided, which not only means you are making them take more time with your application, but also leave yourself more room for error/confusion.

3. Time your application

Evidently, the better you meet the criteria, the stronger your application is. Been living together for 11 months? Can you wait 1 more month before you apply? Been living together for 2 years and 9 months? Can you wait 3 more months, so you can be considered in a 'long-term relationship' and potentially get your permanent and temporary stage granted together?

4. Prepare for your application

Think about how much evidence you have for each of the 4 criteria. For example, have you been putting off getting a joint bank card? This is a good example of the sort of evidence you can use to prove you have shared financial resources, so perhaps it's good to open one a few months before submitting your application.

Want to know more about how you can get your application granted faster? Discuss your situation with our migration experts and find how how in a FREE 1-to-1 consultation today! Book yours here.

3,119 views0 comments

Copyright © Skylark Migration Specialists. All Rights Reserved.
320 Plummer St, Port Melbourne VIC 3207

All MARA registered migration agents are bound by the MARA code of conduct

This website ("Website") is owned and operated by SKYLARK MIGRATION SPECIALISTS PTY LTD  ACN 625 196 894 (SKYLARK, we, us, our). Your use of this Website and any material or information in it ("Content") is subject to the terms on this page, the Website Terms and Conditions, and SKYLARK’ Privacy Policy, as amended by SKYLARK from time to time (together, “Terms”). By using or accessing any part of the Website or the Content, you agree to be bound by the Terms in effect at that time, and it is your responsibility regularly to check for any updates to these Terms. The Website and the Content are also subject to change at any time without notice. While we have endeavoured to ensure that the Content, including information in relation to migration policies and regulatory frameworks and other information contained in this Website is correct, it is based on a range of variable factors including information provided by external news platforms. This information may change depending on a number of factors, including but not limited to, changes in governmental policy and legislative requirements. As a result, the Content is subject to change without notice and we recommend that you always seek independent legal and financial advice. SKYLARK also does not provide you with legal, financial or other advice by means of the Website or the Content. We recommend that you (a) independently consult a migration agent; (b) familiarise yourself independently with the process, and the associated legalities; and (c) seek appropriate and independent legal and financial advice.