[Expert Tip] How To Get Visas For Family Attending Your Wedding

Are you getting married? Need to organise Australian visas for your overseas family members? Here's what you should do.

Which visa should they apply for?

If they hold a passport from the following countries, the cheapest and fastest way would be to apply for an ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) or eVisitor Visa. These cost as little as $0 to $20 per applicant, and take as little as a few minutes to a few days to get. Often your travel agent can organise this for you, or you can do it very quickly yourself online.

Eligible ETA countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong (SAR of China), Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Norway, Portugal, Republic of San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan (must not be an official or diplomatic passport), The Netherlands, United Kingdom—British Citizen, United Kingdom—British National (Overseas), United States, Vatican City.

If they're not from one of the above countries, the visa they should be applying for is the Subclass 600 Visitor Visa.

Our top tip:

Don't forget to have your relatives demonstrate their 'incentive to return home' in their application. Whilst 'attending a wedding' is a great reason, they are applying for a visitor/tourist visa after all, and 'incentive to return home' is a major requirement for visitor visas.

In addition to including proof of their financial status, we highly recommend that your overseas relatives write strong declarations explaining their incentives to return home after the wedding.

Make sure they cover all the bases, mention that they have significant assets and family members back home, a job to return to etc.

Here's more information about the visa and how to apply: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/600-.

Follow us and get tips on your visa application directly from a former-Immigration Officer and principal migration agent!

#incentivetoreturnhome #visitorvisa #tourist

1,850 views0 comments

Copyright © Skylark Migration Specialists. All Rights Reserved.
320 Plummer St, Port Melbourne VIC 3207

All MARA registered migration agents are bound by the MARA code of conduct

This website ("Website") is owned and operated by SKYLARK MIGRATION SPECIALISTS PTY LTD  ACN 625 196 894 (SKYLARK, we, us, our). Your use of this Website and any material or information in it ("Content") is subject to the terms on this page, the Website Terms and Conditions, and SKYLARK’ Privacy Policy, as amended by SKYLARK from time to time (together, “Terms”). By using or accessing any part of the Website or the Content, you agree to be bound by the Terms in effect at that time, and it is your responsibility regularly to check for any updates to these Terms. The Website and the Content are also subject to change at any time without notice. While we have endeavoured to ensure that the Content, including information in relation to migration policies and regulatory frameworks and other information contained in this Website is correct, it is based on a range of variable factors including information provided by external news platforms. This information may change depending on a number of factors, including but not limited to, changes in governmental policy and legislative requirements. As a result, the Content is subject to change without notice and we recommend that you always seek independent legal and financial advice. SKYLARK also does not provide you with legal, financial or other advice by means of the Website or the Content. We recommend that you (a) independently consult a migration agent; (b) familiarise yourself independently with the process, and the associated legalities; and (c) seek appropriate and independent legal and financial advice.